MediaTek unveiled its best Mid-Range Processor i.e MediaTek Helios P60. It will be provided in the Mid-Range SmartPhones.MediaTek Helio P60 is far better than Snapdragon 636 or even 630.
Source – MediaTek
MediaTek Helio P60 Performance:
One of the Biggest Change MediaTek did is to move from MediaTek P25 or MediaTek P30 which is 16nm to 12nm. As it had TSMC 12nm FinFET (Energy Efficient) combined with MediaTek CorePilot 4.0 Gives sustained high performance with great power Efficiency.MediaTek P60 is based on Octa-Core Processor.
It features ARM Mali-G72 MP3 GPU clocked up to 800MHz, which drives more Performance for the most Popular Mobile Games which results in Smooth Gaming Experience.
Big.Little architecture pair of Four ARM A73 processors at 2.0Ghz with four ARM A53 Processor at 2.0Ghz.
As Compared to the Previous MediaTek P23 Series Chipset, the New One Provides 70% More Performance. It can easily beat Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 or 636 which is based on 14nm Technology.
Compared to MediaTek Helio P23, P60 delivers up to 25% power savings in heavy duty gaming situations and boasts overall power savings of up to 12 %.
MediaTek P60 – Core Pilot:
With CorePilot™ the P60 delivers precise power to keep your device running smooth and cool, yet reliably fast, for heavy gaming, video or multitasking applications. With four big Arm Cortex-A73 processors among its octa-core CPU, this chip packs a powerful punch to meet all of your processing demands.
MediaTek P60 – Photography:
Brilliant engineering’ leads to brilliant images. The P60 lets you take your photography to the next level. An extensive, hardware-enhanced camera system with a 24+16MP dual camera or 32MP single camera. Backed by a power-optimized triple-Image Signal Processor (ISP) system to help you take stunning photos and videos.
- Supersized 24MP+16MP dual-camera or 32MP single-camera with ultra-fast speeds
- Compared to previous Helio P series, the MediaTek Helio P60’s tri-core ISP increases power efficiency by using 18% less power for dual camera setups
- Single or Dual Camera bokeh and depth of field features with a hardware depth engine enabling real-time bokeh preview
- Upgraded multi-frame noise reduction (MFNR)
- Real-time HDR recording and viewing
- Accurate face detection and intelligent scene detection for better auto exposure
- MEMA 3DNR
- Real-time HDR
On-device intelligence (Edge AI) made easy with sophisticated Edge AI processing performance of 280GMAC/s, which helps smartphones learn and act instinctively.
- Provides Multi-Core AI Processing offers Deep Learning facial recognition, object and scene identification, user behavior informed performance and others AI and AR application enhancements.
- APU Offers double the power efficiency of the GPU for Battery Friendly AL Processing.
- Supports common AI frameworks including TensorFlow, TensorFlow Lite, Caffe, Caffe2, custom third-party frameworks and more on the way including ONNX support.
- The MediaTek Helio P60 is our most advanced chip yet. Expertly designed to bring intelligence to your phone. Its Edge AI processing helps your phone learn and act instinctively. With deep-learning face detection and real-time photo enhancement, this chip has a beautiful mind.
MediaTek P60 – Connectivity:
- 4G LTE WorldMode Modem with latest technologies
- IMS (VoLTE\ViLTE\VoWi-Fi): Over 100 cellular operators worldwide
- Dual 4G SIM Dual Standby (DSDS) technology
- Global eMBMS
- MediaTek’s TAS 2.0 smart antenna technology gives optimal and sustained signal quality at the lowest power.
- Automatically detects and uses the best antenna combination
- Faster data connection
- 600MHz (Band 71) frequency for North America
- Cat-7 (DL) and Cat-13 (UL)
Some Extra Specification:
- CPU: Octa-core with four Arm Cortex-A73 up 2.0 GHz and four Arm Cortex-A53 up to 2.0GHz
- GPU: Arm Mali-G72 MP3 at 800MHz
- Memory: Up to 8GB, dual-channel LPDDR4x @ 1800 MHz
- Storage: eMMC 5.1 / UFS 2.1
- Camera: Up to 16+24MP or 32MP
- Display: Up to Full HD+ 20:9
- Connectivity: 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2 and FM radio
- Cellular: Cat-7 (DL) / Cat-13 (UL); Dual 4G VoLTE; TAS 2.0; Global IMS
- Multi-GNSS: GPS/GLONASS/Beidou or GPS/GLONASS/Galileo co-receive
- MediaTek CorePilot 4.0: Energy Aware Scheduling, thermal management, and UX monitoring
- Fabrication: TSMC 12nm
For More Information Please Stay Tuned with CoolzGadgets.